#romanceclass is a community of:
- Authors who attended #romanceclass, #romanceclass2016, the steamy reads, YA classes organized by Mina V. Esguerra
- Readers of the books by those authors
- Readers of English-language romance books by Filipino authors
- Actors and artists who are part of the event and publishing process
We are a community of Filipino writers and readers who gather together to do what we love. Quoting from Mina V. Esguerra:
“The #romanceclass community of authors is a group that came out of the free class I ran in 2013, meant to encourage Filipino readers of chick lit and contemporary romance to start writing and publishing their own stories. “romanceclass” was the hashtag used to informally discuss things with each other over Twitter, and it stuck. That time, 100 people signed up, and 16 authors completed a contemporary romance novella. They’ve since gone on to write more, publish, get publishing deals…and we continue to support each other on social media and everywhere else.”
Join the conversation with us on Twitter? We love to chat 🙂 We also have lots of cookies. And pasta. And bread.
What is a #romanceclass book?
- must be contemporary romance (not fantasy or paranormal or other subgenre)
- must be in English (if there is Tagalog or other language, it must still be accessible to an English-reading audience)
- must have romance as the main plot
- must have a happy ending
- all sex must be consensual, responsible, and hot (ie not bad sex, not punishment)
- must have involved the romanceclass community in its publishing process, either through beta reader or sensitivity reader feedback that is actually responded to and addressed in the manuscript, or by contracting editors within the community or have worked on several romanceclass books
Partner with Us
Do you want to…
- Develop genre content
- Adapt RomanceClass books
- Sponsor RomanceClass events
- Collaborate with the community
Logos and Identity
Looking for our logos? Here they are.
You’re free to use them for showing your support or just simply telling the world about the community! Here are the branding guidelines to help you use them.
Looking for our media kit? Here’s our 2019 Media Kit ready for download!